Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Visiting my dad in Tennessee

While Autumn was on her way to Guatemala (or at least trying!), I flew over to Tennessee to visit my dad over President's Day weekend. We hung around on the boat, went for a snowy ride around the river and to the "Lost Sea", aka the world's second largest UNDERGROUND LAKE! Where is the world's largest you may ask? Read on to find out...

 
Me and dad on our ride around the lake.

Beautiful Tennessee in Winter
I was just glad to get away from all the snow in DC!

Thanks to Michelle for the wonderful accommodations aboard the SS Wildly Tamed!

It was also a pleasure to meet George Dickel...
...one of my new dear and personal friends!

  
Just a bit of an icy morning after the snow started to melt.
We were having a bit of trouble with TV reception!

Dad and Michelle at the Lost Sea.

  
Inside the cave...

The "Devil's Hole"

If anyone needs to make a call, I've got a phone!

Hmmm....was George Dickel here?

  
Until next time...!

Oh yeah....Where is the world's largest UNDERGROUND LAKE?

*ANSWER*
Lake Vostok in ANTARCTICA!

No comments:

Post a Comment