Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Home Improvement

So, we have a leaky sink. Sounds simple enough right?

First of all, I just want to say how much I appreciate the free repairs included in our housing.
Second of all, I just wish it didn't take 13+ emails and 3-4 visits to the house to get anything done.

Ok, so I reported the leaky sink, which has already been "fixed" before. Last Tuesday, the repairmen came, and they left a note saying, "Sink leak is OK." I responded that it was not "OK" since it was causing water damage in the cabinet below. They said they'd come back on Friday to look at it again, but when they got here, they didn't have the "right tools"...hmmm. Therefore, they had to come back again later. We were fine with that since we were in Cancun anyway...more on that later!

Today, I came home to meet the stove repairman and to my surprise the handles were taken off the faucet and half the grout was peeled off and left on the counter. No note. No guys...

They did however put a clean paper towel in the cabinet, so at least there was that.

Anyway, I continued with my visit with the stove repairman who confirmed that, yes, it's not working. Did he bring parts or tools with him? That's a big NO. Luckily I had my own tools to lend him, and after a bit of poking and prodding and commenting that it was an Italian stove...as though that explained the whole problem...he said that he needed to consult with someone else, get some parts, etc. and come back later. At this point, I should mention that when I asked to have the stove fixed 6 months ago, I had basically the same conversation, and the guy never came back.

Back to the faucet. I asked the stove repairman's supervisor (there are always at least 2-3 people to fix any problem) if he knew where the sink people were. He looked at the situation and said, "Well since they took off the handles and you can't turn on the water, I guess they thought the leak was taken care of!"....I hope he was joking....

He tried to call them, but...drum roll please....they didn't answer their phone!

So currently, we have 3 of 5 burners working on the stove and no water in the kitchen, but plenty of loose grout and clean paper towels in the cabinet!

Our new and improved non-leaking sink!

Ok, to be fair, they sink guys showed up again while I was writing this blog post...but still!

No comments:

Post a Comment