Friday, March 25, 2011

Bienvenidos a El Salvador!

Early in the week of March 12th, I was asked to go work for 12 days in San Salvador, El Salvador.  This was very short notice, but, always up for an adventure, I said yes!  I met some really great people, and had a wonderful experience there.  We worked hard, so I didn't get a chance for a lot of sight-seeing, but here a few pics I did manage to get.


This is the San Salvador Volcano as seen from my hotel room...


More of San Salvador.  My room had a beautiful view!  


This is traditional Salvadoran food.  Pupusas, fried yucca and a Pilsener, my favorite Salvadoran beer.  The pupusas were delicious...it was great to have the pupusa experience in their native land, rather than out of a truck in Virginia!


Finally, after all the work was done, my section took me to dinner at a beautiful restaurant on a volcano.  These gorgeous exotic flowers were in the courtyard.



This is a view of San Salvador from the volcano.  Note:  The haze is not/not pollution!  I asked one of my new Salvadoran friends who passionately explained to me that it was mist and clouds, definitely not pollution!


San Salvador by night.  Que bonita!


Overall, I had a great experience!  Look for another entry soon, as Eric and I are planning a lovely beach weekend!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment