Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Icy Washington

This week I flew back to Kettle Falls for a week of rest / security guard duties while my mom recovered from an operation. My job inspiration: Nurse Ratched from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest! Haha, just kidding! I was nice, but I did have to force my mom to stay home, take her pills and rest.

The trip up was uneventful, but when I looked out my airplane window when the captain announced that we had crossed over into the US, there was nothing but an endless plain of snow. I felt like the ridiculous claims of our local news in Mexico City that the US is a vast frozen wasteland were a little bit more justified. This claim was reconfirmed again, when I landed in Snowkane with 3 feet of snow and below 0 temperatures.

Over the week, I caught up on some technical manuals from work...yawn! and watched approximately 3,000 hours of Law & Order with a few hundred episodes of House Hunters on HGTV. Oh well, at least it was all in English, and it was great to see my mom and Rich.

I headed back to Mexico City on Saturday, just in time for Autumn to abandon me to head out to El Salvador for two weeks! Oh whoa to me!

View from my mom's cell...I mean recovery room!
The Kettle Falls River...of ice and doom!!
More proof that the US is covered in ice for half the year. I'm sending this one in to Primero Noticias!

No comments:

Post a Comment