Saturday, May 21, 2011

Cake!

Today we had a going away party for a few people from work. One was off to exotic Vancouver, BC, Canada, and the other was headed to Madagascar...home of delicious vanilla, and an animated film series that completely dominates any Google search about the actual country! Which I should know, because, while I am very familiar with our neighbor to the north, eh, I knew between zero and nothing about Antananarivo, Madagascar, and had to do a bit of research before the party.  

It was a pot luck, so I decided to bring a cake. Given my recent bake-sasters, I decided not to risk another flop, and I bought a Costco cake. I should also mention that it was my birthday the day before the party, so the opportunity to buy myself a Costco cake, eat a big slice, and then dump the other 45,000 pounds of cake on someone else was too good to pass up.

That being said, I couldn't just show up at a party with store-bought baked goods. I still had to keep up my efforts in the battle to be the best Eligible Family Member at post, so I scraped off the ugly Costco balloons and started with a blank slate. Here's my latest creation in frosting:

Gwow!

No comments:

Post a Comment