Monday, May 20, 2013

Visit from Mom & Jeannie!

This week, my mom and my aunt Jeannie came to visit for my birthday! We hit up what is becoming our local visitors to do list including morning caipirinhas on the beach, walking down the boardwalk and drinking coconuts, visiting Olinda, shopping at Shopping RioMar and a dinner at our favorite restaurants:  Kisu, Cia do Chopp, Camarada, Casa do Kebab, and Spettus. It was so nice to have them around for the week and get to catch up on news from home. Kylie certainly enjoyed the extra attention, and my mom was there for her first real solid food:  Pasta with roasted vegetables and sausage! Red pepper seemed to be the her favorite.

Our weekly shipment from the US included tamarind paste and Tajin!
Tamarind Margaritas for everyone!
 
Make a wish!

Mom, me and Miss K's leg and arm in Olinda!

Mom and Jeannie

Watch out!
Sertão soldiers!

Uh oh!
Kylie's mobile!

Bye Grandma!
Thanks for coming to see me!

No comments:

Post a Comment