Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Remember The Bon??

This afternoon we set out with the high intentions of visiting some pretty heavy historical and cultural sites when we found ourselves pleasantly sidetracked by a luxury department store, some art and some fancy cookies.  Life is good on vacation!

We encountered this gorgeous building en route to lunch.

Everyone's ready for lunch, including a baby!  A big thank you to my cousins T & L for the baby spoons and baby food cookbook gifts at my shower last summer.  Those are some of the most useful things we have!  The spoons have now been on 4 continents, and we would have never known about Kylie's love of prunes without the book!  :)

Vacation lunch drinks..a cold beer for Eric and Coke Light for me...like Diet Coke...except somehow better...and far superior to the wretched Coke Zero...

French cafe lunch.  Amazing.

An adorable octi amidst the graffiti.

OMG.  En route to our super serious historical sites, we crossed paths with this department store, Le Bon Marche.  Our readers who were raised in the Northwest remember that before we had Macy's there, we had the Bon.  The Bon was my first employer as a real adult.  I worked at the one in downtown Spokane, then the one in downtown Seattle throughout college.  I sold clearance, women's ready-to-wear, bathing suits..you name it!  I was even in a loss prevention video that is apparently still shown there.  Two Junes ago, Eric's sister got married (read about it here), and at that wedding I was approached by two individuals who I apparently attended high school with who informed me that they had recently seen said video in their new jobs at what is now Macy's.  I was paid only in a free sandwich for my appearance...at the time that was a lot.  I think maybe I should have held out for more....

So anyway, that store, the Bon Marche in the Northwest, was based on this store.  So cool!!

After our shopping trip we came home...here is Kylie oogling the precious.

Happy to see a bakery open late.

Delicious macarons for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment