Sunday, November 24, 2013

The 10k that wasn't meant to be...

I signed up for a charity 10k and have been training all month. The registration website was not super-informative to say the least. So, when I showed up at the address given, this is what I saw:

 Oh look, it's the finish line.

I asked this super-helpful group of volunteers where the starting point was, and they vaguely pointed north and informed me that it was about 10k away from where we were (imagine that!).

At that point, I decided it was time to go home. I Google-mapped my way home and it was only 5k away! I figured that was just as good, if not better, than running the actual race, so I ran back home.
 
 Me ready to race!

Part of the way back was on the race course, so I technically did run in the race (although I was going the opposite direction!).

No comments:

Post a Comment